1. Keep it simple – use few but descriptive words, as necessary. For example, GDP, CPI, Trade, Rates, etc.
2. Choose words carefully - choose words that are likely to appear together.
For example; Share Prices vs. Prices; Exchange Rates vs. Interest Rates, etc.
3. Mind your spelling – the search does not autofill or auto correct misspelt words or concepts.
4. Use conjunctions to reduce and fine tune the search results.
- AND [capitalized]: to search for both terms. E.g. 'Gross Domestic Product' AND 'seasonal' will provide a list of results for seasonally [adjusted] GDP.
- NOT [capitalized]: will exclude the desired term. E.g. 'GDP' NOT 'seasonal' will exclude all seasonally [adjusted] GDP.
- OR [capitalized]: will return all instances with the term. E.g. 'GDP' OR 'seasonal' will provide a list of results for all indicators with either GDP or seasonal in their descriptor.